Sunday 1 February 2009

Personal News (01/02/09)

Crikey it's February already - where did the month go?

The week started with arehearsal for The Bus, and curiously ended that way as well (I've just got home). On Monday we had our second, more serious read through, during which we discussed each scene and how it shaped the whole - looking at how the action unfolds in particular ways and why it does that.

On Friday and today we blocked the First Act, on the off chance you aren't aware blocking involves working out where we're going to stand on the set. Although in my case it mainly concerns how I'm going to abuse the other members of the cast.

I don't want to spoil the staging in any way but we're performing in the main house at the Birmingham Crescent and we will use every inch of the stage to perform in, which is a massive space. Showing our emotional connections is going to b a real toughie, but it's going to be worth it. As I may have said if you're anywhere near Birmingham in the middle of March you must come along to see it.


On Tuesday and Wednesday I was filming a corporate video for Big Umbrella Media, concerning Leadership and Culture. In retrospect I wish I had been more prepared - I never seem to learn how much more difficult it is working with a camera - but I think I left a reasonably good impression. I also picked up a few good contacts so hopefully something will come of that in the near future.

Apparently I can bulls**t pretty well - a number of the scenes were part improvised - so I may start to look into roleplay work much more as a result.



No comments: