Thursday 4 September 2008

Coming Soon (maybe)

Rounding up those whispers of interesting films on their way.


Poltergeist

The forthcoming remake of the "cursed" early eighties horror fave Poltergeist has found a director in Vadim Perelman. I'm not a fan of the original, in fact I've never watched it in full, but I am concerned with the choice of Vadim. It brings to mind the last time a serious director was called in to helm a horror retread: Dark Water anyone?



Broken Embraces

The fourth collaboration between Pedro Almodovar and Penelope Cruz is coming along, with a distribution deal signed. Pedro's also let slip it's influences include Leave her to Heaven. Can't wait.


My Very Own Love Song

Forest Whitaker and Renee Zellweger have signed on for this tale of a wheelchair bound singer finding love. I hope they find love with each other.




I'm sorry I have no better pictures to represent love songs.

2 comments:

elgringo said...

So, this Vadim guy made House of Sand and Fog, huh? Now he's remaking Poltergeist. I'm concerned too.

Broken Embraces sounds great.

My Very Own Love Songs...I completely trust Whitaker. Not so much with Zellweger. We'll see.

Runs Like A Gay said...

That's right:

House of Sand and Fog
Life Before my Eyes
Poltergeist

Which could be the odd one out?

Or maybe Poltergeist will involve stupid characters doing stupid things, slowly, over an Indian Burial ground.