Tuesday 28 September 2010

Tuesday Trailers - Another Year

Now the astute among you will realise that a) we're still in September and b) this weeks feaured trailer is for a film to be released in November which means we're running early with the showings. The reason for this is simple - as you know I tend to prefer prestige pictures, the kind that get awards notice. These films are released in the fall in the US and Januray in the UK. In order to fit all the January releases I want to see I need to start their trailers on the first week of November and so everything else gets pushed back too. So here we are with the first of the big rush. And few could argue wit wanting to see Mike Leigh's latest masterpiece so it's a great way to kick off the season:



Another Year is released on 05 November 2010.

3 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

I am liking what I'm seeing, but I still don't imagine it as a Best Picture nominee, even with 10 seats.

Runs Like A Gay said...

I think having ten slots in the best picture race makes it a lot harder to predict than having 5 so I wouldn't be surprised to see it slip in the second half.

Of course I'll have a better opinion once I've seen it.

Alex Constantin said...

even with 10, I'm more likely to predict Toy Story 3, For Coloured Girls, The Town and maybe even Black Swan...
but i am curious what the buzz on Lesley M. is all about