Tuesday 27 October 2009

Running - Coventry Half Marathon

I'm not really trainign at the moment. Next marathon will be in April, however I have been out with the others on the tour - Kirk is far faster than I am but only does shorter distances. Adam is about the same so we make a good running pair.

It's funny I never realised how competitive I am - even when just going out with mates. I always want to be keeping up with the others.

This competitiveness nicely leads me on to the Coventry Half Marathon which I completed on Sunday with 3 friends (Ian, Euan and Dave). Before the race started I was ever so anxious about getting in before them, or at least at a reasonable pace so I wasn't embarassed. I'm also still a fattie so I was hoping to get a good time in case the gusy thought my time for the Nottingham Marathon was made up.

In the end I did it in 1 hour 43 minutes 33 seconds. I think that's fair, but I know I can do better. Maybe try for a half over Christmas and plan to come in under 1 hour 40. What do you think?

... Oh, and I beat the others. I'm not over competitive at all.

No comments: