Monday 8 February 2010

Mary Steenburgen


Happy Birthday to

Mary Steenburgen

57 today


As a consummate character actress Mary has appeared in far more films that you think since her big break in Melvin and Howard. What I didn't know (until last night) is that Mary, and husband Ted Danson, are close personal friends of the Clinton's. You learn a new thing every day.

P.S. I'm still holding out that In The Electric Mist the film she made last year with Tommy Lee Jones and Peter Sarsgaard will get released but it went straight to DVD in the U.S. and it's coming close to a year since it premiered at the Berlinale 2009.

2 comments:

whitney said...

I learned that they knew the Clintons through Curb Your Enthusiasm. That show is just chalk full of useful information!

Runs Like A Gay said...

I hope you mean you heard, on an episode Curb your Enthusiasm, that Mary was friends with the Clinton's. (Which is cool, and goes to prove it's full of useful info.)

And not

Mary met the Clinton's via Curb your Enthusiasm.

Which really would be weird.

(I'm such a pedant sometimes. I apologise for myself and thank you for your comment.)