Sunday 7 February 2010

Personal News (07/02/09)

It seems incredibly but I've not done a personal news story since way back in September. It's not that i haven't been trying to get work, it's just that I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere and I've not really had the opportunity to get involved.

We're now only two weeks away from resuming the Of Mice and Men tour, notices from the first half of the tour were positive so I'll be glad to get back into the regular work pattern. I would now link you to some reviews as published on the school websites, but I can't find one that mentions me by name (an actor almost simultaneously playing 3 roles is the closest I can find) so in a fit of pique you're not getting anything.

I've also managed to get a role in a short student film Dead Weight. It's not paid but it's a fun script, mainly revolving around physical comedy, so it should be a blast, and if it goes well may be a good addition to my library for when it comes to getting an agent. Filming is on Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll let you know next week how it's gone. As ever I hope to get a copy online.

4 comments:

TomS said...

Ben, I am so happy to hear this news. Seems like there's a lot I need to catch up on with you! I will be eager to follow your activites! I would love to see some articles, and clips. Outstanding...
~Tom

Alex Constantin said...

I feel so foolish for not knowing about this career desire of yours :)

Did you use Imdb Resume? I've been considering trying it for a while now, but this whole credit card paying makes me insecure, even though I suspect it's very safe on imdb.

Runs Like A Gay said...

Tom,

I try not to write too much about my real life, partly because I'd rather use this forum to vent my spleen about cinema in general and partly because my acting work tends to be extremely low scale, and often boring. I've done plenty of TIE and corporate training videos, but honestly who wants to hear about that!

Alex,

I'm not quite at the stage where IMDb Resume would be worth the outlay. I used to work in finance and don't have any acting qualifications, so at the moment I'm just plugging away picking up one piece of work at a time. Assuming I get a couple of decent TV credits at some time in the future then I'll probably go for it then.

Alex Constantin said...

oh, but the experience doesn't really matter in the Imdb resume :D it's all about putting your face out there in some gorgeous photos. and maybe Gus Van Sant will discover any one of us