Tuesday 7 April 2009

Trailers - Cheri

I can't think of a better time to show this trailer than the week Nathaniel R over at the Film Experience has announced his predictions for the best actress oscar nominations next year. Of course it also comes out in 4 and a half weeks.

He's a big fan of La Pfeiffer and naturally has chosen her for one of his slots. I'm more wary, but only because I think there can only be one woman over 40 in the group - and this year it will be Helen Mirren. Nevertheless I am sure the picture and performance will be great. Here's the trailer.



I don't think I've seen a trailer which emphasises the laughing of the characters (and the costumes) in a long time, and now I'm wondering whether it's because the tone of the film is decidedly comic or because Frears is showing us the courtesans use laughter and gaiety to hide thier true feelings (which certainly would be in keeping wit the book).

No comments: