Monday 9 March 2009

Personal News (08/03/09)

Albeit published on 09 March as I was far too busy going to bed after yesterdays rehearsal for The Bus. Tickets are still available by the way. It is also worth knowing, if you're a bit of a starf**ker, that we are expecting an oscar nominated actor to be attending one of the performances, so for a chance to rub shoulders with the stars do come along.

As well as 3 evening rehearsals in the week, yesterday we had 2 run throughs. It's an exhausting play for me - I run around the stage like a looney for most of it - so by the time we had finished I was seriously ready for bed. In between the runs we had a lunch break where all the other members of the cast went off to the pub/bit of shopping however I spent the hour experimenting and practicing with make-up effects for the 3rd Act (although it's actually the second half of the 4th act). I have included a picture of my made up face after the jump - however it is a minor spoiler so no peeking if you want the end to be a surprise.

I have also received the script for Deep Self. This is the new film by Peter Pallister, who directed Could be Brothers the World War 2 short I was in before Christmas. Deep Self concerns a medical trial on the effects of flotation tanks on the mind, it's set in the hospital facility and also follows a trip sequence. I play the guy undertaking the trial, which should be a fun role. However I am dreading some of the filming - there seems to be a scene that involves nudity and swimming in a lake. Now I have no problems with nudity or swimming, however we're shooting during April and I don't want little Ben to be very little Ben! Anyone got any ideas?





No comments: