Tuesday 17 March 2009

Trailers - Maria Larsson's Everlasting Moments

I'm a bit of an odd fish when it comes to movie choices - whilst I don't really fit into the blockbuster hypers, I'm equally not a true indie darling. Most of the films I go for have solid pedigree, are mainly dramatic types and may even have a Oscar speech or two in preparation. As a result I tend not to see many foreign language films.

However I will be seeing Maria Larssons eviga ögonblick as it does hit all 3 of my triggers:

  1. Directed by Jan Troell (The Emigrants) and starring Maria Heiskanen (Miehen työ) and Jesper Christensen (Quantum of Solace, The Interpreter).
  2. Turn of the century biopic about a victim of domestic violence who frees herself through her camera.
  3. Was in the final 9 for the Best Foreign Language Oscar, but sadly missed out on a nomination.

Enjoy the trailer, and let me know what you think.


No comments: