Tuesday 31 March 2009

Trailers

I's time for me to be populist again, and post the trailer for a film, that I myself may not have any interest in, but which is high profile and I expect will top the UK charts for the month.

Last month I guessed Watchmen, and whilst I don't think it will be number 1 at the end of the month (now) I expect it will be number 2. Pressure is on then. April is much harder - it's not a month that big box office films generally come out over here so it's a toughie. There are 14 films opening wide in the uK over the coming months. Of these I'd say only 3 are in contention. I have discounted X-Men Origins: Wolverine as it opens early therefore only just hitting the month and probably won't have enough time to hit the top. The two films left, both opening this week are Monsters Vs. Aliens and The Boat that Rocked.

In light of the middling reviews for The Boat, and after it's impressive opening weekend in the States I'm going on record with Monsters Vs Aliens as the box office champ. Enjoy the trailer:

No comments: