Wednesday 20 October 2010

Viggo Mortensen


Happy Birthday to

Viggo Mortensen

52 today


As I was choosing a picture for Viggo I was struck by how little he looks like himslef, or how little he looks like we think he looks like when he's not in the iconic Aragon role from Lord of the Rings. The talented and multi-ligual Viggo has a uniquely serene screen presence which has served him well over the years and should be a great fit for his Sigmund Freud in next years A Dangerous Method (his third collaboration with Canadian director David Cronenburg). He will also be seen in the upcoming On the Road adaptation.

4 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

wow, his snub for The Road still makes me angry. He was FANTASTIC in that, beautifully developing the character just as I imagined it to be while reading the book. so touching.


on the other hand, totally didn't appreciate his performance in Eastern... That was Ryan Gosling's Oscar spot!!!

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'm afraid I still haven't had a chance to see The Road - will have to programme it in soon.

I think the campaign for Ryan that year was always a little optimistic... Sorry.

Alex Constantin said...

didn't he get a SAG nom for that? :) so he was still in the race. also Emile Hirsch. (or however u spell his name)

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'll definitly agree with Hirsch having been robbed, but I'm not convinced that Lars and the Real Girl would've have played to the Academy members.