Saturday 3 January 2009

Film News (03/01/09)

Going forward I will be having a news column each week here on runs_like_a_gay. An opportunity to vent my spleen about the shocking and/or disturbing rumours spreading from the world of cinema.

This week, however, has been awfully slow so there's really only one story I have on my mind.

Hugh Jackman has dropped out of Cleo.

OK, I know that Soderbergh's Cleopatra meets Elvis film won't be to everyones taste, but surely few people could argue with watching Jackman stryt around in a toga for 2 hours.

The story goes that Hugh's too busy, but that seems to be a cover, as his slate seems clear. Unless filming begins on Oscar night, of course.

As a memorium to that particular casting coup please accept this photo of Jackman shirtless to cheer you up.

No comments: