Sunday 4 January 2009

Personal News (04/01/09)

Much like yesterday's beginning of a weekly column regarding film news today I'm starting a weekly column about my own personal news. Essentially a catch up of the acting work I'm involved in, and maybe any seismic shifts in my personal situation outside of the Theatre.

Only one thing to report this week. Yesterday was the first rehearsal for Lifelong Yearning a comedy from David Wake. Essentially we worked our way through the first half of the play, reminding ourselves of the jokes (I'd forgotten how funny some of them are) and getting into grips with the characters to a certain extent.

I'm a little unsure about Oliver (my character) right now, and I'm swinging a little between Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and Hugh Grant in Bridgit Jones. Once I've decided how to copy Hugh I'll let you know.

Some production dates are now confirmed 29/30 May at the Kidderminster Rose and 5/6 June at the Highbury Little Theatre, and the 3 weekends after that are still in discussion.

We're also short of a man. So if you're in your mid 30's based in the West Midlands and want to audition for the role of Pete, a playwriting lecturer with an obsession about Aristotle and are able to improvise around a theme then please feel free to drop me an e-mail at ben-j-thomas@hotmail.co.uk

No comments: