Tuesday 9 June 2009

Johnny Depp


Happy Birthday to

Johnny Depp

46 today


I've been dreading this morning for the last month or so, not because I'm a Deppophile - I quite like the guy - but because his slate is so full of films I want to see this might be the longest birthday celebration/advert for forthcoming pics I've done.

First up is Public Enemies, which I showed you the trailer for last Tuesday. Then later this year we'll see Depp channelling Heath Ledger in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. In 2010 he'll grace the screens only once, for old pal Tim Burton, as the Mad Hatter in the Alice in Wonderland live action pic. In 2011 we'll him voice a dog in the animated Rango, so there's another box office topper (animated dogs virtually guarantees it). He's also potentially back in The Man Who Killed Don Quixote when Terry Gilliam resurrects that project. Finally (and we're really talking the long game here) Depp will be Tonto to the yet to be cast Lone Ranger.

All in all that's a really impressive slate of films, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments: