Sunday 4 July 2010

Personal News (04/07/10)

Another week with little to expand on my personal musings, I've not been applying for anything on the basis I only have one month before I start my corporate contract so I can't audition for anything too long term - I also have a ridiculous beard for Baby Jesus Freak, which limits my casting opportunities. I suppose I could talk about how I completed my tax return today, 7 months ahead of the deadline I'll have you know... But it's really not that interesting. All I need now is a rich sugar daddy to pay it.

We're getting very close to Baby Jesus Freak, now. It's on in just under 2 weeks, tickets are available for the performances at The Continental, Preston - where we're performing as part of the Presto Tringe (Fringe) festival. They can be purchased here. Tickets for the Lass O'Gowrie, Manchester on 16-18, 26 and 28 July will be available soon, or on the door.

Oh, and if I haven't explained it the plot goes a little something like this:

Drunk at his mother’s funeral, Born Again Christian Daniel falls into bed with non-believer Lauren. Putting his mistake behind him, Daniel promptly falls in love with Beth. But, proving that God definitely has a sense of humour, Lauren phones with some news: she’s pregnant...

6 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Sounds quite interesting.
Break a leg I guess :D

Runs Like A Gay said...

Thank you.
:)

Constant Motion said...

Nice -- I like the plot. Even the title has me wishing I were somewhat closer to see it enacted from start to finish. I love live performances. The last one I saw was here in Fort Worth, Texas called "Dead Presidents". It was a comedy about former, now-deceased Presidents and all their ups/downs of their terms in office and likewise, their internal struggle to become a part of history itself. I wish you much luck, too!

Runs Like A Gay said...

Thanks again.

:-)

(I've grown a nose since Monday)

TomS said...

I would love to see this...any chance you will make the performance available on line, or disk?

Hope it is a great experience!

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'm not sure Tom.

It's being performed with a traditional and traverse stage, which would mean a three camera set up to be able to film the whole thing which might prove tricky. If anything does turn up I'll let you know.