Thursday 29 April 2010

Personal - 2010 Election

I've just voted.

In one week from today here in the UK we will be having the most exciting, close and important election in possibly over 20 years.

I'm a postal voter (as an actor I never know where I'm going to be so my parents forward my voting form to me), this means I get the form earlier and must send it off earlier.

I suddenly feel like a giddy teenager. It's fair to say that having an opportunity to vote, to influence in some small way the future of my Government, is something that I relish.

On Monday I will be writing a brief guide to the parties - mainly for you non-Brit readers and I will attempt to be impartial - and on Thursday night I will live blog the election in full, from the polls closing at 10 until we have a result - whatever that result will be.

I hope to see you all over the next few days.

2 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

oh, I love voting :)
election days are best tv events for me.

Runs Like A Gay said...

It's good to see there are other election geeks out there.