Monday 7 June 2010

Liam Neeson


Happy Birthday to

Liam Neeson

58 today


You've got to admire Neeson. Not just for his braod talent, but for his seeming inability to say no. Over the last year it seems he's gone for any old script that's landed on his desk, including Box Office behemoths like Clash of the Titans and next weeks The A-Team. Both of which look utterly avoidable. I am looking forward to the following trivumulate though: French re-make The Next Three Days, kids adventure The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and civil rights pic Selma.

4 comments:

TomS said...

Selma looks especially interesting. I still hate to think of "Oscar Schindler" appearing in "Clash of the Titans" and "A-Team". Maybe he is getting as many films in as he can, before motion-capture technology renders actors superfluous, in the traditional sense...which would destroy me, I think....

Runs Like A Gay said...

As I remember following the loss of his wife he just started saying yes to everything, perhaps using work as a way of coping.

I suppose it doesn't matter as long as there are some good projects in the pipeline.

Constant Motion said...

I loved him in the movie "Taken". A great story and a great performance in my mind at least. I am not sure but maybe yes the loss of his wife has driven him to take on more roles; not matter what they are. However I would hope that he is also building a relationship with those he knows can get him what he needs to be a fine and respectable actor. Having said that, I have not yet seen "Clash of the Titans" or "A-Team" but perhaps on DVD soon. Ah, the good days of Rob Roy and The Darkman.

Runs Like A Gay said...

Darkman seems such a long time ago, when he could do this sort of macho work without seeming to let go of any artisitic integrity.

I'm just not sure he can get away with that in the current big hitters he's involved in.