Sunday 6 June 2010

Personal News (06/06/10)

The dearth of news this week is something. I honestly thought on Wednesday that I would have nothing to say at all, what with "The Normal Heart" second audition still drifting away in the future.

However I got an e-mail on Thursday inviting me to an audition for "Baby Jesus Freak", a new play by Ian Winterton. What I've read so far is really good, with the relationship between 2 brothers brought up in a religious household and dealing with their parents death and a love triangle developing is really well conceived and feels utterly beleiveable when reading it.

I went to the audition this afternoon, and the director said we would know this evening if we're up for a second audition or not. I guess they'll definitely be more to report back next week.

Addendum: Got the e-mail this morning (07/06/10, 07:00), thanks but no thanks. Oh well, maybe next time, and i's still a great script.

2 comments:

TomS said...

Ben, sorry I;m behind on responding here....Blogger was out Sunday and Monday here...did you have any trouble out there?
Anyway, sorry about the audition. Time to go on to the next one. Odd that "Normal Heart" is so delayed..still keeping my fingers crossed!

Runs Like A Gay said...

Not that I noticed, but that would explain why my comments on your don't ask don't tell post disappeared!