Wednesday 9 June 2010

Natalie Portman


Happy Birthday to

Natalie Portman

29 today


When I do these birthdays each day I usually amazed at how old pople are, but with Natalie I'm amazed at how young she is. She seems to have been around, as a major film star, forever. In fact her breakthrough, Leon, was in 1994 which was followed by some great supporting turns (Beautiful Girls, Mars Attacks) in 1996 then a three year gap before the Star Wars prequels exploded onto our screens. Since then she's kept active with a nice balance of high profile and more serious fare. I'm still hoping to see her in New York, I Love You - should it ever open - and in the next twelve months we should see her extremes in comic-book adap Thor and ballerina thriller Black Swan.

2 comments:

TomS said...

"New York I Love You" is already on DVD here.... Would you like me to send you a copy? (Truly! just email me your address).
As for Portman....wasn't she astonishing in "Closer"?

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'll hope on for a couple more months, but if there's no release date by the end of September I may just take you up on that offer.

The entire cast of Closer were superb, but it's hard to imagine anyone doing a better job than Natalie in that role.