Thursday 20 October 2011

Viggo Mortensen


Happy Birthday to

Viggo Mortensen

53 today


Viggo's been getting the lion's share of praise from the festival circuit tour of A Dangerous Method, with his performance as Sigmund Freud, the third consecutive collaboration with director David Cronenberg, being called fantastic and inspirational casting. I'm also looking forward to see him in the supporting ensemble of Jack Kerouac adaptation On the Road but with the buzz of that disappearing and the film being quietly delayed into 2012 I am beginning to doubt it's quality.

2 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

talking about Road, I keep repeating this: where was his nomination for The Road??????????????!! :)

on the other hard, I completely disliked him in Eastern Promises. Oh, Oscar...

Runs Like A Gay said...

I still haven't seen The Road (yes, shame on me).

Eastern Promises was clearly an apology for not nominating him for History of Violence, and for getting little Viggo out.