Friday 27 June 2008

Out this week (27/06/08)



4* films out this week. In alphabetical order:
And with the all new, all signing, all dancing Runs like a Gay Excitometer coloured circles (10 means I've run so fast I'm already there, 1 is virtually running backwards)


Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

The Pevensie children return to Narnia for a second helping of fauns, witches and talking animals. This time they meet the titular Prince and fight his usurping uncle. Less Christian allegory in this one.

●●●●●○○○○○


Female Agents

Post vacant. Job description involves rescueing British War heores, killing Nazi officers and speaking French. Girls from all backgrounds (prostitutes, scientists and housewives) encouraged.

●●●●○○○○○○

Married Life

Chris Cooper is married to Patricia Clarkson but is in love with Rachel McAdams. I can understand that. Then hatches plan with mate Pierce Brosnan to remove Patricia. (boo hiss). Is this is melodrama, noir or black comedy - the reviewers can't seem to amke up their mind?

●●●●○○○○○○

Wanted

James McAvoy proves he can open a film, with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman, involving assasins, secret cults and amazing displays of aerobics and markmanship that he never knew he had. Directed with flair by Timur Bekmambetov. This is my key recommendation for this week.

●●●●●●○○○○

*I know that technically there are 5 with A Complete History of my Sexual Failures, however I'm going to be really snobbish and ignore documentaries and re-releases on this blog. I've hears it's watchable, though.


No comments: