Sunday 22 June 2008

Some measurements

Today is day one of the training regime, when I've written this post I'm off to the gym to work out a sweat and run a bit on the treadmill (I've still got 44 weeks I can afford to slowly get into it).

I thought before I started I'd write out some vital statistics. This will be useful as a guide of how much I've achieved by the time we're ready for the marathon, and to show you what a struggle it's going to be.

Height: 5 foot 7 inches
Weight: 12 stone 6 pounds

That's a BMI of 27.2, firmly in the overweight category.

Waist: 89-94 cm (35-37in) (I never know where to measure)
Chest: 115 cm (45 in)

I could go on measuring biceps, thighs etc but I think it's probably best to leave that to your imagination. Suffice to say I'm quite short and dumpy.

And there's lots of work to do.

I'l next do some measuring in 5 weeks time and we'll see where I changed.

No comments: