Tuesday 30 August 2011

Tuesday Trailers - Footloose

Remakes are always a tricky proposition, for every potential new fan there are half a dozen purists, devoted to the original, anxiously looking for flaws in the latest version. So it's with an unusual courage that I freely admit to looking forward to the remake of this cult hit. I actually want to see whether Kenny Wormald can hold a candle to Kevin Bacon and whether we'll one day need a new seven degrees game.



Footloose is released on 14 October 2011.

3 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

I haven't seen the original, and mostly have no desire to see this one :) unless Oscar gives it maybe a Song nomination and forces me to watch it.

Andrew K. said...

I've said this elsewhere, but even though I guess you shouldn't remake something unless you're adding something the fact that this updates the time to contemporary times makes my interest in it dip significantly...not that it was high before, but, you know...

Runs Like A Gay said...

I think whatever time period they use for the setting the story seems utterly outrageous anyway.

I'm just hoping for a bit of low-grade fun, sometimes you need it to keep your mind off the weighty dramas I tend to see.