Tuesday 15 March 2011

Tuesday Trailers - Red Riding Hood

As we rumble on to April's releases we hit on a project that's an anomaly for my usual viewing habits. Not only because I'm clearly not part of the demographic the film is supposed to pull in (we're talking girls in the mid teens through to mid twentys) but also because this is directed by a woman - Twilight helmer Catherine Hardwicke. It's clear from my 20 for 2011 list that female directors rarely get a chance to shine for me (only Lone Sherfig's One Day made the cut) so I'm going to try to broaden my horizons and see what Hardwicke has to offer. That and this movie is the first in a tide of fairy tale based properties (Jack the Giant Killer, Hansel and Gretel) set to arrive over the coming years and I want to see what the mini-genre has to offer.



Red Riding Hood is released on 15 April 2011.

No comments: