Sunday 5 July 2009

Personal News (05/07/09)

I didn't post last Sunday, as we were still finishing off the run (and I had a very heavy night on the Saturday), but Lifelong Yearning was a tremendous critical success in London. It was regularly described as one of the fuinniest shows the venue had ever seen.

However we still couldn't drive enough audiences to come and see the show to make a profit. It's hard to think what else we could have done - press releases were sent to all the free papers, fliers in all the local hotels, I walked through central London with the poster on my back. Any suggestions, please let me know so we can look at better ways going forward.

I'm at a bit of a loose end now, having moved in with my parents until Of Mice and Men, so looking for work again. If anyone knows of anything in the West of England please let me know - I'm fairly versatile. (And hopefully not sounding too desperate). I have been appying for stuff, but no joy so far.

I've also received a copy of Deep Self the short I film I did back in April. I would love to post it here, however there is quite a prominent shot of "little Ben" and I'm not sure that's suitable for a general blog like this.

No comments: