Monday 27 July 2009

Personal News (26/07/09)

Another week gone by, another few days of thinkig about proper acting work. I wasn't able to attend the audition last week - to be honest the costs of being in a show in Birmingham seemed to outweigh the benefits at this point, however I was still involved in the filming over the weekend.

Cowboys is a fascinating short film from Matthew Murdoch, about a group of lads - each with their respective relationship issues who are involved in a near accident. I played the fantastically monikered "Idiot driver". No lines, just some close-ups as I get verbally abused and a little stunt driving.

One of the actors doing the abusing was Robert Kazinsky, who played Sean Slater in the UK TV drama Eastenders. In fact he's so famous when we had finished (in the quiet Wiltshire farm land we were filming in) a group of giggling teenage girls came to accost him for an autograph.


The man himself.

I have to say that driving down the road with him giving me every hand gesture under the sun whilst tailgating and trying to overtake in a classic white van I was very intimidated. Didn't have to do any acting at all - it was great.

I'm about to give a telephone audition for Ibsen's Wild Duck - wish me luck...

OK, that's done. Trickiy thing, doing a telephone audition. Especially with no feedback. I should find out whether I got it later this week, so expect an update on Sunday.

No comments: