Wednesday 2 July 2008

Coming Soon (definitely)

I've been taking a look at Box Office Mojo, now that's a seriously addictive site, and there's been a couple of schedule changes that I thought I'd share.

Death Defying Acts

After a bit of a wait, since it's premiere at last years Toronto festival, this Guy Pearce as Houdini film is set to come out over here on 08 August. I've been a fan of Guy waay back since Neighbours and it'll be good to see him on the big screen agian, especially in a tuxedo. The plot revolves around an affair between Houdini and a fake medium (Catherine Zeta-Jones). The trailer can be found here.




Body of Lies

The new Ridley Scott movie has settled on 10 October. I'm not sure about this, while I accept that Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio are both fantastic actors, I'm not sold on the consistency of Ridley's work. Also I'm still not sure whether the public are ready for Iraq movies, especially one based on a source novel that blasts the US decision to go into Iraq like this one does. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: