Friday 25 July 2008

Out this week (25/07/08)



I think we can all guess what my top pick is for this week, but here goes with them all:

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging

Gurinder Chadha directs this coming of age tale about a girl who falls in love with the new kid in town. Gurinder's done some great stuff in the past with Bend it Like Beckham and Bhaji on the Beach - maybe this will also break out.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●○○○○○○○


Baby Mama

Saturday Night Live faves Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hook up for a surrogacy comedy (how could it not have been comic?). Did well in the states.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●●●○○○○○

Before the Rains

In case you had wondered what happened to Linus Roach here he is in this cross cultural romance as his spice merchant in India seduces local girl. Everyone looks beautiful but you can bet there will be tears before the credits roll.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●○○○○○○○

Buddha Collapsed out of Shame

Hana Makmalbaf's film follows a six year-old Afghan girl over the course of a single day. (I know I've ripped that off Empireonline but no-one will see it anyway.)

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●○○○○○○○

The Dark Knight

There is little I need to say to make you more excited about this one. You could read my review here. And please trust me I had it down as 9 out of ten in the runs like a gay excitometer a long time before I saw it.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●●●●●●●○

No comments: