Saturday 22 January 2011

20 for 2011: 7 - War Horse and The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

I'm cheating here at number 7 and calling it a draw between The Adventures of Tintin and War Horse, it's a Steven Spielberg double bill.



It's not the first time Spielberg has released two films in the same year, in 2005 we had War of the Worlds and Munich, in 1993 it was Jurassic Park and Schindler's List and similar pairings happened in 1989, 1997 and 2002. In each case there was a popcorn film and one with more personal themes. This year looks set to be the same with Tintin pushing the boundaries of motion capture and the adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's horse and his boy novel.

All in all I think we can expect to see Steven both reaching the top of the box office charts as well as critics top tens in the coming year.

2 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

I don't like the Tintin thing, the way the project sounds like... but I think the film world is in serious need of some successful Spielberg! Bring'em in!

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'll be honest with War Horse Tintin wouldn't have made the list (by contrast War Horse would without Tintin but maybe not as high). I'm not liking what I've seen so far but must keep an open mind.