Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tuesday Trailers - Hereafter and Biutiful

There are still three more trailers I want to show for January films (it's madness Januray here, it really is) and given there's only to more weeks I'm having to double up this week. Actually it makes a little sense doubling up on these anyway, both of the films were in my top 20 most anticipated for 2010 and both films appear to discuss the issue of death in one way or another, with Clint Eastwood's latest looking at grief whilst Aleandro Gonzalez Inarrittu ponders the imminence of death.

If I had to choose between these two meditations on the afterlife which should I see?



Both Hereafter (above) and Biutiful (below) open on 28 January 2011.

2 comments:

TomS said...

Ben,
I actually loved "Babel", admiring its variety of images, and its characters in extraordinary circumstances. The "Biutiful" trailer alone contains more intriguing imagery than a lot of entire films this year.

I did see "Hereafter" and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it as well as I did. It is a more conventional, purely Hollywood film, and the premise requires a stretch, but I felt the tone was appropriate, and the performers were excellent.

Not much help, am I?

Runs Like A Gay said...

That depends how you define help, Tom.

You've not told me which to choose but you are positive on both. Maybe I'll just have to watch both of them...