Wednesday 20 January 2010

Sins of Pride and Wrath (Week 2, Day 3)

This morning I went out for another jog, through the sleet and the cold.

For those of you who remember what it was like back in Summer '09 here on Runs Like a Gay you will know I blog all of my training runs. The official reason is because I originally intended this blog as a way of maintaining my enthusiasm when training. Running 5 times a week can be dull, bt I can look at the paces and distances from my training runs and see how I'm improving. Which leads me on to the real reason, the deadly sin of pride. I ran 5 miles this morning. Good for me.

On to the wrath. I have a problem with my i-pod. During the tour last year someone dropped a kit bag on it and the screen broke, which means I can no longer programme my Nike+ in order to plan my training. I can just start a run with it, though so yesterday I did that and at the end when I stopped the run it told me how far I'd gone. Today I managed to press the wrong button and there was no verbal data. I was very very angry. Wrath.

So, having guaranteed my place in hell today I am going to look at alternative ways of measuring my time and distance. (btw today was about 5 miles in about 45 minutes!)

No comments: