Tuesday 18 August 2009

Tuesday Trailers - District 9

Because the thrid trailer I was talking about (over the last couple of weeks) has still yet to materalise, and because I have not time to spare (more on that in the next couple of weeks) I'm going to do mmy prediction for the highest September grosser today. Actually, whilst predicting box office isn't an easy game, September is generally quiet so picking the champion is interesting. There are a lot of b-movies that should do reasonable business - Pandorum, Gamer, Surrogates; and Julie and Julia will be flying the flag for the female skewed audiences - however from this weekends results in the States we cann all see the benefits of a classy promotional campaign. No non-humans on this blog.



District 9 opens on 04 September 2009.

2 comments:

MinDC said...

Saw it this weekend. I had high expectations; I liked it not love. Pros: great special effects, action movie with a message, gore. Cons: Didn't care for the lead; he got on my nerves.

Runs Like A Gay said...

I'm thinking it could be a breath of fresh air after the summer of special effects for the kids movies.

But worried about Mr. Copley now, I hate for him to get on my nerves from the first film I see him in.