Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tuesday Trailers - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

I am struggling right now with the Tuesday trailers. It's not that I don't want to show trailers - I love trailers - it's just that all the trailers I want to show seem to be problematic. My first choice would be Creek the Joel Schumacher Nazi occultist movie - strangely the second Nazi themed film with Michael Fassbinder this month - but alas there is no trailer yet. I admit it will probably be rubbish but I am curious. My second choice was Shutter Island, due to open on October 9th, but with the US release date moving back to February I find it hard to believe that it won't be delayed here too (even if it hasn't been annouced). But surely, I hear you splutter, it's too early for October trailers anyway. The thing is there are so many good films coming out in November I have to start showing those trailers in 3 weeks time, so there really isn't enough time to dally. And so here is The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It looks like a great movie, and the fantasy elements look like classic Gilliam so expect a fun ride.



Catch Doctor Parnassus on 16 October 2009.

2 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

I've seen this trailer one or two weeks ago. I'm less excited as I've never been a Gilliam fan. and the visual effects looked a bit... cheap to me.

Is this Oscar material? maybe for makeup. not excited.

Runs Like A Gay said...

It's certainly not Oscar material. But I like the cheapness of the special effects.

Very Pythonesque.