Tuesday 11 August 2009

Tuesday Trailers - The Soloist

My third mystery September film has still yet to release a trailer - just 5 weeks to go and no trailer that's worrying.

Anyway, here's another opening in September. I've mentioned the Soloist a few times, and even displayed the trailer on more than one occasion. It was due to come out in the 2008 Oscar season, then was shunted into 2009. It still made my 20 for 2009 countdown, but has since had a mediocre time at the US box office. Even if it does end up being mawkish, I am sure I'll enjoy the cello recitals.



The Soloist opens on 25 September 2009.

2 comments:

Alex Constantin said...

not my type of movie, even though I loved (loved? ADORED) Joe Wright's previous 2. Yet I'm surprised by the lack of buzz on Jamie's performance. To me, it screams Oscar, at least from the trailer. Nobody talked about it, no one will. Strange lack of campaign effort.

Runs Like A Gay said...

I very much enjoyed Wright's other work, although I felt Atonement was over praised when it came out. Which is why I'll be seeing this in spite of the hokey looking plot.

Not sure about the lack of buzz for Jamie. Possibly a case of trying too hard - from the trailer it appears that no cliche is left unexplored.

Maybe we'll see some more action when we get into the season proper. Getting an ad in early may just revitalise any campaign. Or maybe it just isn't good enough. I'll let you know my thoughts sometime in September.