Monday 11 August 2008

Coming Soon (Maybe)

It's time to do a quick catch-up of the latest rumours and news that have hit my interest.

Inglorious Bastards

The casting of Quentin's new flick carries on with Brad Pitt, Eli Roth and B.J. Novak all signing on the dotted line. I'm still pretty ambivalent about this at the moment (although Brad is making me change my mind). Satying that if the promises of a completed film for Cannes next year are kept to than I'll have to see it just to see how the project comes across.



Don Quixote

Terry Gilliam is taling about resurrcting his Don Quixote. Originally planned in 2001 the adaptation of Cervantes' novel was due to star Johnny Depp and Jean Rochefort and was beset by as many disasters as the titular hero. It's a perfect fit for Gilliam's style and way of thinking and Lost in La Mancha 2 would be fantastic.

Antichrist

Lars von Trier has secured funding for his Antichrist project. It's a horror film. From the director of Dogville and Dancer in the Dark. How can you not want to see it?

Scared Straight

Nicolas Cage. In a prison. There's a riot. He has to rescue people from the really baad men. Is this Con Air, without the Air?

Finally Bioshock

I wouldn't normally look twice at a videogame adaptation (luddite snob that I am) but as this is being developed by Gore Verbinski whose Pirates movies, or at least the first one, showed that he's capable of making something from the most unlikely sources then my interest is piqued. The game seems to be an underwater Doom of sorts (feel free to correct me in the comments) so there could be some opportunities for suspense and less chance of multiple unnecessary double crosses.

No comments: