Friday 15 August 2008

Out this Week (15/08/08)




I'm still smarting about not seeing Death Defying Acts on Wednesday so I guess I'll be avoiding the cinema this week, there's at least one film that looks watchable if you're off out though.

Banishment

I'm flying a bit blind this week as I haven't had a chance to read the film synopsis, however this appears to be a Russian drama/horror movie with dark sinister secrets revealed on a trip to the country.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●○○○○○○○


Miss Pettigrew Live for a Day

Unemployed governess Frances McDormand gets caught up with Amy Adam's starlet and her extraordinary lifestyle, including multiple lovers, career choices and (I expect) champagne cocktails. Film of the week.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●●●●○○○○

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Ten years ago I would have been one of the first in line to see this animated version of the fabled clone wars in that galaxy far far away. But then George Lucas stabbed me in the back. Three times.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●●○○○○○○

Wild Child

Rich American girl is shipped to posh UK girls school, there's bitchiness, hijinks and lessons learnt. I don't think I'm the target audience.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●○○○○○○○○

You don't Mess with the Zohan

The latest Adam Sandler vehicle involves a retired Mossad agent working as a hairdreser in New York. It's close to hitting $100m in US revenue, better than the Love Guru, not as good as Get Smart. I'm not going.

Runs like a Gay Excitometer: ●●●○○○○○○○


No comments: