Sunday 3 August 2008

Phase 1 Training round up

Back when I started this blog I a put together a loose training schedule for preparing for next years London Marathon. Yesterday I completed Phase 1. In phase 1 I was aiming to get myself into the routine of running 3-4 times per week and up to 1 hour at a time.

I have pretty much achieved that. This week I ran 4 times and yesterday it was for an hour. Over the full 6 weeks I have run over 100 km, and over 15 times. However there wasn't any consistency - I had a couple of weeks off in the middle and have only gone for an hour once.

Phase 2 has a much more specific goal. Over the next 12 weeks I will be training for the EDF Energy Birmingham Half Marathon. I have booked my place and I am aiming to complete it in under 2 hours.

My first phase 2 run is tomorrow - 30 minutes. Wish me luck.

No comments: