Sunday 10 August 2008

Acting update

As surprising as this may sound but I have actually been working this week.

On Monday I was filming Fleeced, which is an actual feature film produced by Azra Productions. I say feature, at the moment it's really only a trailer. We've filmed rough cuts of the key scenes with the aim of flogging it to some studios and getting some names attached to the main parts. Of course there is a risk that once it goes to the nxt stage and once there are salaries that a name will steal my role, however I have quite a inconsequential part so maybe I'm safe.

It's a comic spin on films such as Reservoir Dogs and Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels which involves a bank heist from the most unlikely group of criminals; the lead is trying to go straight his best friend is a psychopath and their joined by an undercover cop, a Priest, a TV reporter, a sex fiend and a guy who drssed up like the Pink Pnather. The script is very very funny with a mix of Zucker brothers' slapstick and Alfie alike asides to the camera.

On Friday I recorded a Radio Play for the South Birmingham Community Radio - it wasn't paid but it was a lot of fun. The radio station can be found here, and it promises to be a really exciting venture for South Brum.

When it's finished airing (this afternoon) Post It will be available in the archives. For the record I play the welsh copper (although if the accent is rubbish that's not me at all).

Finally I also got a copy of Everything is OK, a short MA project I was involved in earlier this year. Once I've worked out how I'll try and get a copy online.

No comments: