Monday 11 August 2008

Trailers- Boy in the Striped Pajamas

It has occoured to me that each week I let you know what's coming out and rate my excitement but I've never really said what it is that excites me.

There are many things it could be. The talent, source material, buzz and early reviews all feed into my opinions (I freely admit I read reviews before seeing films). One important aspect is the trailer; and I've been unfairly neglecting the trailers here. I've linked to other sites and sometimes just mentioned their up but that's not really good enough so starting today for the next few weeks I will endeavour to spotlight new trailers that have caught my eye, and as new ones come along I'll add them into the mix.

I'm starting with The Boy in Striped Pajamas. It's out in the UK in September and will be the first of a long list of WW2 related films coming out over the next 12 months. I know this sort of thing never really goes out of fashion but we have Valkyrie, Australia, Defiance, Miracle at St. Anna, The Reader, Inglorious Bastards all on thier way.

Striped Pajamas takes the holocaust as the basis for the story, but shows it from a boy's perspective. Take a look at the traler below and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
First, as an avid runner (getting ready to do my first 100-miler after 8 marathons -- yikes!), love the blog title. I came across it through LAMB (mine is natsukashi.wordpress.com). I would love to invite you to take a look at it and perhaps participate. We look at films we watched as children, but have not seen for at least a decade or more and see how our perceptions changed.
Let me know if you have any interest and we can discuss it further (rrector@dtcc.edu). Best of luck on the London Marathon, by the way.