Friday 15 August 2008

Would you give a photo of yourself to Mike Figgis?

This man wants to take your picture.

Or to be more accurate Mike Figgis is being paid by Sony Ericsson to make a short film based on your ideas as a competition prize. All you have to do is take 5 photo's on your camera including a self-portrait and submit them onto their website and Mike will take the images he feels tell the best story and turn that into a short film.

As an added bonus there will be gala presentation, with film stars, red carpets and everything where your film (or at least Mike's film based on your idea) will be shown.

I think it's a great idea, and a sure way to sell phone's with a 5 megapixel, antiblur, autofocusing camera. Did I really just write that? What I'm not sure is whether I'd want Mike Figgis messing around with my life. The Mike Figgis who conceived Leaving Las Vegas, Hotel and the shocking Cold Ceek Manor. I'd hate my dogs to come across as alcoholic whores in four screens at once.

So, would any of you enter this competition, or would you prefer another director - feel free to name drop in the comments.


Oh, and here's a potential series of entries. A Mars bar will be sent to the first person to name which films these shots come from:

1.

2.
3.
4.
5.

No comments: