Thursday 14 August 2008

Flashback to a better time

Over the weekend I trawled the internet looking for a local cinema showing Death Defying Acts and amazingly it was showing at Star City, Birmingham. I called up a few friends and we agreed to meet at the cinema for an evening of Guy and Catherine.

Imagine our dismay when the screening had been cancelled. Of course I went to have a word with the manager - apparently the reel was damaged so they were unable to show the film. Luckily the manager was a friendly sort and he offered us 4 complimentary tickets to anything we wanted. (We plumped for a second viewing of the Dark Knight.)

I was amazed at how willing the team at the cinema were to apologise and help us to enjoy the evening and I look forward to hearing from them once they've got hold of an alternative copy of the film.

Anyone else had similar incidents in the cinema?

No comments: